The Mission

To Promote and Encourage the Adventure of Living

Monday, July 2, 2012

May you have beautiful sunsets

Navigators Log, Star Date June 21st, 2012

The week of June 20th was stressful week at work. Its a good job, not wonderful.It keeps me intellectually challenged, pays for the sailboat, and hopefully will send my youngest daughter to college. My oldest daughter has opted out of college for now, in favor of a husband.Said daughter lives in Delaware and was visiting her in-laws in Puyallup that week. Puyallup is only two hours away from where Roy and I live in Hillsboro. This is where I try not to sound like a nagging parent, but it did hurt more than a little that they went to visit the in-laws and not us. Roy and I flew up to Puyallup to have dinner with them in the middle of the week.
On the flight up I focused intently on enjoying the evening. Forget the work stuff, just enjoy the scenery and the chance to see my little-girl-now-grown-up-woman. Dinner was pleasant. SO VERY wonderful to Hug My Daughter. I had a tear in my eye on the flight home.
Eons ago when I was at Girl Scout camp, each of us campers were given a little scroll scribed with a saying meant just for us over our last-night-at-camp campfire gathering. Mine read "May there be enough clouds in your life to make a beautiful sunset". I must have had enough clouds that week:


The Summer Solstice was also that week. And it was June-uary. We had plans to spend the weekend on our sailboat on Orcas Island, in the San Juans. I had visions of sailing out of Deer Harbor under a blue sky with crisp breeze filling the sails. Instead the sky was gray and drippy. Flying up to Orcas was a no-go unless we were willing to be in the soup the entire way. I tried not to be whiny. I missed my boat. I wanted to go sailing. Rain and more Rain. Blech.
Saturday evening the layer of gloom broke up enough for us to fly down to Albany for dinner. On the recommendation of some friends, we decided to try the Cascade Grill at the north end of the runway. The restaurant is set between the Comfort Inn and Holiday Inn. I expected Hotel food. We were pleasantly surprised. The food was GOOD. Not 4-star gourmet, but GOOD.The service was GREAT.
I think the scroll should also haves aid "May some of your sailing trips be rained out so that you can enjoy lovely flights to good food."
Grilled Chicken
Catfish and Sweet Potatoes











And Sunsets... lets not forget the sunsets:

No comments:

Post a Comment

We hope you enjoy reading our blog. Please share your comments, AND write about YOUR adventures.